The Africa Blockchain Institute (ABI) Campus Blockchain Hackathon 2021 is now receiving applications. Details about the program and how to apply are given below.
About the Africa Blockchain Institute Campus Blockchain Hackathon 2021
The intention of the Campus Blockchain Hackathon is to give students of higher institutions who are in Africa early exposure to the career and business opportunities which are being presented by the Blockchain/DLT Digital Innovations.
A structured and sustainable community that nurtures and empowers awesome developers by making provision and democratizing access to knowledge, capital and mentorship is being created by the Hackathon. Students from higher academic institutions across Africa are asked by the contest to build Blockchain Applications on Free TON that will be of value to both the continent, as well as to the Free TON network.
The contest will begin with competition within each country in African. Individuals who emerge as winners of the country-based contest will then head to the regional contest which will all be done virtually. In due time, the regional winners will be given an invitation to visit Rwanda for the Grand Finale which will be done physically (all expenses paid).
The following are the hackathon topics:
- Fintech infrastructure/Digital Wallets (to give help to those who do not have access to banking)
- Human rights protection.
- Land ownership and registry.
- National voting platforms.
- High-Tech job creation.
- Any other (Feel free to specify any other applications that best serve the needs of Africa)
- This contest will provide regards for winners whose topics are chosen for the Hackathon separately from this list)
The following are the prizes for the Blockchain Hackathon:
- First prize: 25,000 TONS
- Second prize: 15,000 TONS
- Third prize: 5,000 TONS
- Fourth – Twentieth place: 1,000 TONS
Before applying, interested persons are expected to meet certain eligibility requirements:
- Ambitious students that are forward-thinking, innovative, and are ready to take on challenges by creating the next “Big Thing” are eligible to apply.
- It is required that applicants are Africans and/or they are of African descendants who are studying in an African Institution of Higher Learning.
- It is required that students have an ID card
- Applicants are expected to have basic knowledge of programming languages (it is mandatory that applicants have the ability to write codes in one or all of these languages: Solidity, C++, or C.
- It is compulsory that applicants have a Github account.
The duration of the Hackathon will begin from the 1st of February 2021 and will end on April 8th, 2021. The venue for the grand finale is the African Leadership University, Kigali-Rwanda. To apply, click this link
Visit the official webpage via this link