The Data Science Nigeria 2018 Inter-Campus Machine Learning (ML) Competition is a program designed to raise a generation of data scientists and Artificial Intelligence experts from all Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics.
- 1,000,000 naira (1 million Naira) in prize money for the top 3 winners
- Get yourself ready for world’s No 1 career – Data Science.
- Prepare yourself for a highly respected, well-paying career in Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence and learn how this is applicable in every discipline or career path you choose.
- You can make a difference. Help Nigeria to become a world leader in machine learning, deep learning and big data.
- Be part of an all-expense-paid learning bootcamp
- Confirm your interest in participating in this competition by filling in the form via this hyperlink: here
- Kick off your learning online by completing 2 free Microsoft Data Science preparatory courses in either Python or R routes between July 2nd and September 9th .You can access the learning materials via the hyperlinks below:
S/N Python route R route 1 Introduction to Python for data science Introduction to R for data science 2 Principle of Machine Learning
You can study the materials in groups and/or attend all the special classes that will be held at the AIHub in person or via online channels.
All entries received on or before 9 September 2018 will qualify for the Kaggle competition. After you submit your completion certificates you will be given a unique link to participate in the Kaggle competition. This link is for you and cannot be shared with anyone else.
- Next, you will get to participate in a Regression Kaggle competition September 10-24 2018.Please note that you cannot do this as a group. Every submission must be an individual submission. Any act of collusion or group cheating will lead to disqualification of all the parties involved.
- There will a telephone validation quiz September 25-30 2018 to authenticate the Kaggle submission made by each participant.
- The top 75 participants shall be invited to the bootcamp held from 10 to 15 October 2018 in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Food, accommodation and lectures – FREE
- Special consideration for female competitors (at least 20% from the current 6.2%).
- The bootcamp will include further activities and a hackathon to determine the overall best machine learning students. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finalists will earn prizes with a total value of 1 million naira.The bootcamp organiser’s selection of participants will be final.