The management of the Delta State University, Abraka is pleased to announce to aspiring candidates who partook in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) that the DELSU Post UTME Form is out. The admission screening exercise of Delta State University for the 2020/2021 session has been announced.
Candidates who chose Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) in the 2020 UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) as First Choice and scored a minimum of 170 in the UTME exams are hereby invited to apply. Candidates with awaiting O’level Results are also eligible to apply.
Latest Update: the Delta State University, Abraka 2020/2021 post UTME Screening exercise would commence starting from Thursday 3rd December 2020. Those that change to delsu in JAMB are expected to register for the Post UTME screening. Printing of seat number and venue would begin on Monday 30th November 2020.
About Delta State University (DELSU)
Delta State University, Abraka is popularly known as DELSU, is a state government university with its main campus at Abraka, Delta, and a campus at Anwai, Asaba. The University now has a campus at Oleh, thanks to the 1995 Amended Edict.
DELSU runs a multicampus system with three campuses within a distance of about 200 km apart. The university currently records a student population of about 22,000 in the 2019/2020 academic section. DELSU offers a range of pf programmes from full-time certificate, diploma, and degree programmes to part-time evening and weekend degree programmes.
Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU) offers post-graduate studies up to a doctoral level. The mission of the University is to promote quality education, character, and cultural transformation. DELSU is one of the twenty-five federal Universities which are overseen and accredited by the National Universities Commission.
Application for the DELSU Post UTME Form
CHECK NOW: Full List of Accredited Universities in Nigeria to Study Nursing and their Established Year
Candidates need to visit www.portal.delsu.edu.ng to generate a virtual pin with the amount of N2,000. Candidates should be aware that payments can be made to the following banks only:
- Zenith Bank
- Fidelity Bank
- Ecobank Plc
- Unity Bank
Candidates should please ensure that Registration Number and Names are correctly entered. Errors of such sort will not be entertained.
How to Generate Virtual Pin
To generate a Virtual Pin for the Screening exercise, follow the procedure given below:
- First of all, visit www.portal.delsu.edu.ng
- Then click start
- Afterward, the select the screening exercise
- Click on Apply
- Then complete the form with a valid JAMB Registration Number
- You can now submit the form and generate PIN
- Then print out the PIN generated
- Afterwards, visit any of the specified banks and make your payment or you can also pay online.
- After your payment has been made, return to the site www.portal.delsu.edu.ng to print an acknowledgment slip
a. Candidates are advised to make use of the virtual PIN immediately for payments. The virtual PIN will become invalid six hours after generation.
b. Before completing the form, candidates are advised to read the instructions on the front page of the website.
c. Candidates are expected to enter a valid mobile phone number and an e-mail address which the University will use to communicate the dates of screening and venue to them.
General Note: Candidates who are applying for the Post UTME should please be aware of the following:
- The online application started on Thursday, 9th July 2020
- The Application Website closes on Friday, 6th November 2020 at 6.00 pm.
- Candidates will be communicated on date and time for the screening exercise in due course.
- On the day of the screening, candidates are expected to come along with photocopies of their credentials that is, UTME result slip, the local government of origin, birth certificate, and SSCE/WAEC results.
- Any individual who is caught impersonating will be handed over to the police and the candidate impersonated will be disqualified.
Warning: Applicants, as well as parents, are strongly advised to contact only through Whatsapp messages. The listed phone numbers are 0803546066, 08036761436, and the university website www.delsu.edu.ng and www.portal.delsu.edu.ng, for more information.
Closing Date: The closing date for the online application is Thursday 1st September 2020.