Today, you and I will quickly talk about the topic tilted “ Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC) PhD Scholarships For International Students In UK, 2019/20 ”.
This has become necessary as a result of the very many emails we have been receiving from our site subscribers concerning when the Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC) PhD Scholarships For International Students In UK, 2019/20 will be out as well as how to go about the application.
However, if you happen to be among those that has been searching for answers to [uk scholarships for international students 2019, phd scholarships for international students in europe, undergraduate scholarships for international students in uk, fully funded phd in uk for international students, british council scholarships for international students, scholarships to study in uk for african students, how to get scholarship in uk, phd scholarships 2019/2020, Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC) PhD Scholarships For International Students In UK, 2019/20 ], then you can see that you are not the only one.
Without wasting further productive time, lets head to the topic “ Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC) PhD Scholarships For International Students In UK, 2019/20 ”.
Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC) PhD Scholarships For International Students In UK, 2019/20
The University of Kent is happy to announce Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC) PhD Scholarships starting in the academic year 2019-2020 (from September 2019).
The scholarship call is open to applicants from all nationalities.
The University is one of the country’s leading academic institutions producing world-class research, rated internationally excellent and leading the way in many fields of study.
We are a forward-thinking research institution, committed to the transformative power of education and research and to the development and support of our students and staff.
The University of Kent requires all non-native speakers of English to reach a minimum standard of proficiency in written and spoken English before beginning a postgraduate degree.
- IIE Study Abroad Scholarships 2019/2020 | Study Abroad Scholarships 2020
- Google & Bertelsmann Fund 75,000 New Udacity Scholarships In Europe 2020/2020
- 4 Year Scholarships 2019/2020 | List Of Full Ride Scholarships 2020
- All Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2020
- Scholarships For Psychology Major 2020/2020 | Psychology Scholarships 2020
- Scholarships For African American Students 2020/2020 | African American Scholarships 2020
- Asian American Scholarships 2019 | Japanese American Scholarships 2020
- Applications Deadline: January 20, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The scholarship competition is open to all new postgraduate research applicants, in any discipline
- Scholarship Award: Annual Tuition fees at the UKRI Home/EU rate (£4,260 in 2018/19) plus annual stipend at UKRI rates (£14,777 in 2018/19).
- Nationality: The scholarship call is open to applicants from all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: 8 doctoral scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The scholarship call is open to applicants from all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates applying for a PhD degree must normally hold a good Honours degree (First or 2:1) or a Master’s Degree (at Merit or Distinction) in a relevant, appropriate subject, or the equivalent from an internationally recognised institution. In addition, programmes of study at individual schools have specific entry requirements that need to be fulfilled (check under “entry requirements” tab on Kent’s course finder page)
- The University of Kent requires all non-native speakers of English to reach a minimum standard of proficiency in written and spoken English before beginning a postgraduate degree. For more information on English language requirements, please visit this page.
How to Apply: Applications for GCDC scholarships can be both student-led and project-led.
For student-led applications, interested students can suggest their own research projects. In this case, we strongly recommend students to contact the supervisor they have in mind to discuss their research proposal ahead of applying formally. Staff contact details can be found on the relevant school’s website.
When applying, students should follow the University of Kent’s online application process. As part of the process, students should include the following:
– explain reasons for study/outline research proposal;
– provide details/evidence of qualifications;
– provide two academic references;
– provide other personal information and supporting documentation.
For project-led applications, we invite academic staff members across all Kent faculties to suggest projects suitable for a PhD student to conduct. Please summarize the project aims (max 500 words),what kind of attributes and skills you are looking for in prospective applicants (300 words), how the project is ODA compliant (200 words), and how the project fits within the GCRF’s remit (max 200 words). Interested academics should submit their project-led applications by Monday, 26th November 2018 to graduateschool-at-kent.ac.uk. We will post the project descriptions on the GCDC website and open them up for student applications. Students who are interested in applying for project-led applications should still submit their online application following the process outlined above.
The applications will be assessed by a panel appointed by the Kent GCRF Advisory Board. The panel will include the Dean of the Graduate School, the GCDC academic lead, and Associate Deans for Graduate Studies from all 3 faculties. The panel will compile a shortlist based on the quality of applications, as well as compliance with ODA and GCRF funding rules. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview (to be conducted in person or via Skype) in February 2019.
That’s the much we can take on the topic ” Global Challenges Doctoral Centre (GCDC) PhD Scholarships For International Students In UK, 2019/20 “.
Thanks For Reading