As the world keeps developing Various people prefer to make payment and also request money online because it has proven to be quicker. Venmo is one of the apps that helps one to carry out such services. With this app, when carrying out such procedures one can forget his or her password and may be wondering how to recover it. With this article on “How to Recover Your Frozen or Lost Venmo Account” users will be able to solve this issue.
The reasons why one would want to recover a Venmo Account may be because of a lost or forgotten or because of a frozen account. The complete steps on “Complete Guide on How to Recover Your Frozen or Lost Venmo Account” will be given below.
What You Need to Know About Venmo
Venmo is just like most apps that allow one to pay money and also request money, With the app, you can also pay for the service rendered to you. You can connect your bank account and its details to Venmo in order to transfer money from your Venmo account to your bank accounts.
To be able to access all the features of Venmo, you will have to sign up for a Venmo account and it can be done in just a few steps. To be able to sign up for a Venmo account, follow the steps below
- To begin, connect your device to the internet
- The next thing to do is to download the Venmo app on your device, you can download the app using the google play store for android device and also the app store for iPhone and iOS device, using the normal steps
- Open the app you downloaded, once you are done downloading the app
- On the homepage, select sign up for an account
- Once you are done with that input your personal details
- Create a very secure account
- The next thing to do is to very your email address and your phone number
- Verify the bank account you added
These are just the steps needed to sign up for a Venmo account, just follow the steps accordingly and also this is the summary of what you need to know about Venmo and some of the features of Venmo.
How to Recover Your Lost Venmo Account Password
If you somehow lost your password and may be wondering about How to Recover Your Venmo Account, you can do that using the steps that will be given below and also the steps are very easy to carry out. You can change the password of Your Venmo account using the steps below
- Connect your phone to the internet to begin
- Open the Venmo app on your device
- On the homepage, select “Forgot Password”
- Enter the details relating to the account, which includes the email address and phone number
- A password reset link will be sent to your phone number or email address or also if you have not received the link yet, to resend the link click on the “resend code”
- Create a new password by clicking on the link sent to you and also your password should be more than eight number and also be very strong, if the code sent to you is not working, it may be because the limited time has expired as it may be only valid for some time
You may also not receive the codes sent to you if sign in to your account using a new device and if you didn’t enter the code correctly your identity will be questioned. To be able to solve such a situation follow the steps below
- Navigate to the Venmo website on your computer
- Enter toy details and that includes the password, email address and username and also instead of using your email address you could use your old phone number
- You can choose from the two options given there to send the code to your old phone number
- Select the link “I don’t have access to this phone” and to confirm your identity you will be given and alternative option
You can also contact the support team and ask for help if you could not find the I don’t have access to this phone link and they will help you update your phone number and also log in to your account because they might be no means to confirm your identity if you could not find the I don’t have access to this phone link.
How to Recover Your Frozen Venmo Account
There are certain reasons why your Venmo account might be frozen for some time, one of those reason includes failed from your bank account transfers. if you receive a mail concerning the failed transaction until the funds are paid back your account will be frozen.
You will have to pay back the amount to solve this issue using a legal debit card, it might also take a few days to process these payments. Once you are done with that, your account will be reinstated once Venmo sees the fund.
You can also use your bank to pay back the money you owe, Venmo will show you an estimated state of arrival if you decide to use the bank to make the payment. For the fund to be posted into your Venmo account, it might take up to 3 to 5 business day. With the payment done will reduces the total amount you own them.
Violation of Venmo policy can also cause them to freeze your account and to unfreeze the account you will have to contact Venmo. One of the ways of violating Cenmo policy is by using Venmo outside the US. Follow the steps below to contact Venmo
- Visit the Venmo website and log in to your account, you can visit the site using this link
- Venmo normally send an email when your account when frozen, once you login to your account, reply to the mail
If you are not comfortable with these steps you can also try contacting Venmo through the app, follow the steps below to do that
- Open the Venmo app on your mobile device
- On the homepage there is an icon on the upper right corner, tap the icon
- At the bottom of the menu tap “Get Help”
- Select “Contact Us”
- Click “Chat With Us” under “Connect with a Human”
If you are also not comfortable with this step you can also visit the official Venmo company customer help centre using this link. You can use that web page to get a solution regarding any Venmo Account issue you encounter in the nearby future.