Strong collaboration with faculties, students, and universities is highly crucial to IBM, and the IBM PhD Fellowship Award Programme 2021 advances this collaboration by recognizing and supporting exceptional Ph.D. students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies.
The focus areas for the award program include the following.
- Hybrid cloud
- Quantum computing/ Quantum systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cloud/ Open source technology
- Security/Cyber Security
- Data Science
About the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Award Programme 2021
Since the creation of the IBM Ph.D. fellowship program in 1951, the IBM PhD fellowship program has supported thousands of Ph.D. students. The program seeks to increase the number of underrepresented minority students in the referenced science topics of interest by encouraging a diverse applicant pool.
The 2021 two year IBM Ph.D. fellowship are awarded worldwide US country awards; 160,000 in award year one; 35,000 in and awarded year two other course awards; Vary between $6,000- $25,000 each award year depending on the country.
All IBM Ph.D. fellowship and awardees will be mentored by an IBMer in order to collaborate on a research or technology project for the duration of the award period for the duration of the t period and are strongly encouraged to do an internship during the first or second year of their award.
To be able to nominate for the 2021 IBM PhD fellowship award program, awardees must have fulfilled the necessary eligibility requirements. The eligibility requirements are mandated and compulsory for you to participate in the nomination. Below are the eligibility requirements for the IBM Ph.D. fellowship award program 2021;
- Students must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member and must be a full-time student in a Ph.D. program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit their fellowship
- Students should have three years remaining in their graduate program at the time of nomination
- Students from US embargoed countries are not eligible
- Award recipients will be selected based on their overall potential for research excellence to the degree to which their technical interest align with those of IBM and their academic progress to date, as evidenced by publication and endorsement from their faculty advisor and departments head
- Students receiving a comparable fellowship or internship from another company or institution during the same IBM funded academic period may not be eligible
The university credential email address must be entered in the nomination form
To nominate for the IBM Ph.D. fellowship award program, all applicants is to nominate by clicking on this link. Nomination for the 2021 IBM Ph.D. fellowship award program will be accepted until October 23, 2020, US eastern time. Notification of the results will take place in March 2021.