The NECO GCE 2020 November/December SSCE External Registration Form Instructions and Guidelines have been announced. Expect the price, subjects, registration details, and every other useful information that you need to hitch-free registration below.
The National Examination Council (NECO) has announced the commencement of the sales of application form for the 2020 senior school certificate examination for all the external candidates.
The Senior School certificate examination (external) was developed majorly for candidates that is not in the system of the school.
NECO GCE General Information
- Once the registration fee has been paid, is not refundable.
- Then make use of the reputable cyber cafes is highly recommended as the council will not be liable for the registration errors committed by candidates. (A list of the suggested cyber cafes nationwide where all the candidates are expected to log on to register have been made available on the NECO website – Internet Service Operators – or are on display on at our state offices nationwide.
- Candidates are expected to carefully follow the instructions on the on-line scratch card before registration.
- Candidates are expected to regulations and syllabuses before the registration.
- Candidates are to note that their uploaded image/photograph during the registration would be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cellular phones and other electronic communication would not ne allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates are expected to dress in mufti and no one would be allowed to enter into the examination hall arms.
- All multiple entries are allowed. Candidates that registered more than once will have their entire result canceled.
- All the candidates that lose or damage their scratch card before the registration would be required to make a purchase for another one.
- Candidates are expected to note that candidates would not be allowed into the hall of the examination commences.
- Wearing of face mask in the exam hall is compulsory
- All the social and physical distancing in the examination hall or classroom strictly enforced/observed.
- Every candidate is expected to bring their own hand sanitizers into the examination
- A candidate that is displaying symptoms of COVID-19 in the course of the examination would not be allowed to proceed until he/she has been cleared to be fit.
NECO GCE Exam Centres
The examination Centres for each state have been grouped into Neighborhoods. Candidates should select a neighborhood with the state where they are intended to sit for the examination and they will automatically be assigned a centre within the selected neighborhood after uploading their registration data Online.
Visually Impaired Candidates:
The visually impaired candidates are expected to register like everyone. However, they are expected to indicate the nature of their disability when making entry of their bio-data in the offline application during the registration.
NECO GCE Available Subjects
The SSCE external has twenty-nine subjects as stated follows:
- English Language
- Financial Accounting
- Agricultural Science
- Arabic Language
- Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK)
- Civic Education
- Further Mathematics
- Health Education
- Islamic Studies
- Literature in English
- Physical Education
- Store keeping
- Technical Drawing
Candidates are expected to note that Nigerian languages (Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba) include literature components.
How to get the NECO GCE Resgistration Form
- The registration period has been scheduled to commence starting from 1st December 2020 and ends on the 22nd January 2021. At 12:00 midnight.
- Late registration i.e. registration done from 25 to 31st January 2021 will attract payment of ADDITIONAL One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only.
- Walk-in registration is Twenty Thousand Naira (20,000.00) only per candidate, Registration must be done a day before the scheduled time of the first subject/paper intended to sit for
The NECO SSCE External Registration fee is Nine Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty Naira (N9,850) Only.
Stamp Duty: N50.00.
The payments are to be made into NECO Treasury Single Account (TSA) SSCE (E) NECO portal.
Mode of Payment
Candidates or registration points (cyber cafes) are to Visit www.neco.gov.ng and create an account using either their emails or phone numbers, activate the accounts and pay into the NECOSA through five payment options.
- ATM Card
- Internet Banking
- Bank Branch
CANDIDATES ARE TO NOTE THAT SCRATCH CARDS ARE NO LONGER USED FOR ALL NECO TRANSACTIONS
Application for Registration:
The registration is carried out both online and offline. All the Prospective candidates are expected to visit the Council’s website neco.gov.ng SSCE External link, in other to locate the nearest registration point (Cybercafe) and then register at any time within the period stipulated for the registration period. Candidates are also expected to create an account, purchase registration token and then proceed to registration point to register.
- Are expected to come with a Passport size photograph that is required for the registration. The candidate’s passport size photograph is expected to not be more than SIX MONTHS old and must be in a white background. System Camera can also be used to take the passport size photograph at the registration point as the case is.
- BIOMETRIC FINGERPRINTS WOULD BE CAPTURED DURING THE OFFLINE REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR EVERY CANDIDATE.
- CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE BIOMETRIC VERIFICATION DURING THE CONDUCT OF THE EXAMINATION.
- CANDIDATES DISCOVERED TO HAVE MISMATCHED FINGERPRINTS AT THE POINT OF VERIFICATION WOULD BE RECOGNISED AS IMPERSONATORS AND WOULD BE SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO EXTANT LAWS.
- First, Create an Account: Create an account by visiting https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng/ and clicking the Register Here Link.
- Activate Your Account: you would receive an activation email. Follow the instructions that is inside the email in other to activate your account. Sometimes the email tends to end up in your spam folder.
- Login: Visit ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng and the make Use of your registered email and password to login
- Make the Payment: Once logged in, you can make the payment for SSCE external examination. your payment is successful you will be issued exam and / or four figure table token(s)
- Locate a Registration Point: To register, you have to visit any one of the approved cybercafes operator’s registration points. Visit https://operator.neco.gov.ng/ to help you locate the one close to you.
- Register Offline: Register by providing your information including pictures, fingerprints and subjects you wish to sit for.
- Print Your Photo-Card: Provide your token to upload your data, Once the system verifies your token, you will be issued a photo-card with your registration number and details.
NOTE: In order for you to upload candidates’ data to the NECO portal online and obtain examination numbers, a candidate must be registered and either have an online account or have it created for him/her by a cybercafé Log in to the created account and purchase registration token (s) (scratch cards are no longer used for SSCE External registration).
SSCE External Registration Token
The Registration Token is used by candidates to register for the SSCE External Exam, either by themselves or through a Registration Point. Now, before a candidate would be eligible to sit for the SSCE External Exam, they are required to Purchase a Registration Token, a candidate can purchase his/her Registration Token from their accounts or go to the nearest Registration Point.
NECO GCE Attestation Photocards and Timetable
After completing the registration process, each of the candidates is expected to obtain the following from the Cyber Cafe
- Timetable for the examination, and
- Minimum of One (1) clear copy of the NECO Photocard, that can be used to admit the candidate into the Examination Hall. (Candidates should note that Passport size photographs on the Photo cards that are not clear will NOT be accepted in the Examination Hall)
The Referee’s Attestation section of the Photocard is to be SIGNED AND STAMPED by any of the following:
- The Principal of a recognized Senior Secondary School
- An Ordained Clergyman or a Chief Imam.
- A Commissioned Officer of the Nigerian Armed Forces or the Police not below the rank of Captain
- A Senior Civil Servant not below GL. 14.
- A Legal Practitioner of not less than ten years’ experience.