World Bank Paid Internship Programme 2020/2021 is currently receiving application from interested persons. Highly motivated individuals are offered an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the world bank by the World Bank Internship.
While skills are improved in a diverse environment, the World Bank internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and research experience into the bank’s work. The internship can also be viewed as a great way to enhance CVs with practical work experience. Internships are made available in development operations as well as other business units (like Human Resources, Communications, Accounting etc.), availability during a govern internship term is however based on business need.
The internship will benefit those who participate in the following ways:
- An hourly salary is paid to all interns by the World Bank. An allowance is provided at the discretion of the manager towards travel expenses up to USD 3,000. It should be noted however that the travel expenses include only transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city. Accommodation is solely the responsibility of the intern.
- Most intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the WB country offices driven by business needs. Internship positions are usually for a minimum period of four weeks.
Candidates who are wishing to secure an internship position at the World Bank are required to:
- Possess an undergraduate degree and must be enrolled in a full-time graduate study programme (master’s degree or PhD). The candidate must have a plan of going back to school full time as well.
- The internship does not require age limit and a such any age is acceptable for the application.
- Applicant must be fluent in English. It is desirable if he/she possesses knowledge of languages such as Russian, Arabic, French, Chinese, Spanish and Portuguese. It will be an added advantage to the candidate if he/she possesses other skills like computing
- Diversity is valued and as such all individuals who are qualified especially women who possess diverse professional and academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The candidates required for the WB internship programme are supposed to be Operations (Front Line) in any of these fields:
- Human Development (public health, education, nutrition, population)
- Social Sciences (anthropology, sociology),
- Urban planning
- Natural Resources Management
- Private sector development and other related fields
- Corporate support (Communications, Human Resources Management, Accounting, Information Technology, Treasury and Corporate Services)
How to Apply
You are required to apply via the application form. Prepare your application carefully then enter your personal information correctly. It is required that you upload the following documents:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate year
- Curriculum Vitae
To apply, click this link
The application will end on January 31st 2021
Visit the official website via this link